Acoustix is a music development programme that offers the opportunity for young people to get a glimpse of what the mainstream music industry is like.
Through nine sessions over nine weeks, young people are going to get the opportunity to explore, experience and excel.
– the fundamentals to writing a song
– the production and arranging process of writing popular music
– creating song topics and titles by exploring issues that effect ourselves and others and way we perceive the world in popular culture
– experience home studio recording – take home a recording
– visit a local recording studio
– perform original music in front of friends and whanau
– learn about image and character, and how to promote yourself in the music industry
– learn about safely and ethically promoting yourself on the internet and social media
Acoustix will run on site at a school from 3.30pm-6pm. The youth participants will show up to the Acoustix hang out room where they will take part in the programme and dependant on the school, the young people may be dropped off home when the programme is done. Some sessions the young people will be taken offsite.
Young people will:-
Acoustix is all about fun engagement and conversation related to becoming a creative artist within the music industry. We use a variety of different methods to communicate our learning outcomes for each session and we interact providing mentoring, creative skills, fun activities and music performance.
The following video is the song that young people of Hagley College wrote, produced, performed, recorded and promoted in nine weeks:
Contact us for more information or call us on (03) 352 1057.
All content copyright (c) 2015 Te Ora Hou Aotearoa. Registered charitable entity. Te Ora Hou is a registered charity with the New Zealand Charities Commission (registration CC22902) making donations tax refundable